all rise...(or choke!)

Thursday, March 17, 2011

WYRE FEAT. JB MAINA - MWANAKE

I have said this before in other forums and I will say it here again. Wyre is definitely high on something illegal and whatever it is I want me some of that sh*t! In the past year or so this guy has done collabo's with artistes from Kigali to Kingston and God-knows where in between and somehow all of them sound dope. His album 'Ten Years Wiser' is proof that experience is indeed the best teacher. You've got to love how his distinct style and flow resonate through every track he features in. I think he should be the only Kenyan allowed to sing ragga if his collabo with cecille is anything to go by. The rest should be wrapped in tissue paper and dumped in Beenie Man's pit latrine. This particular track is a remake of JB's Mwanake and Wyre has truly done it justice. He gives it what my skinny jeans wearing 16 year old brother calls 'swag'. I mean, the song was a club banger already but with Wyre's midas touch we might as well call in the fire brigade and put them on standby because this sh*t is straight blazin'! The video however is a bit of a let down. Back in the day Wyre was famed for the magnificent dance displays on his videos but of late he seems to be pulling a laid back kind of approach which just isn't working if you ask me. But from what I hear, his next release (the one with Cecille) should make up for all that.

No comments:

Post a Comment